Sunday 31 August 2014

Yeah, yeah

I know this is the wrong blog. Why did I go off blogger? I can't remember. Anyway, I have a new hobby and I'm going to show you pictures.

Mosaics! This is an excellent hobby because it's like patchwork but quicker and with shiny things. I make these in the ten minutes in the mornings when I am waiting for my croissant to heat up in the oven. As a result I have taken over the whole kitchen with grout and tile nippers and I accept that that might be inconvenient but tant pis.
This was from a kit. It was great. Like painting by numbers

This is a peacock feather I made up myself, and Partner, who is now partially sighted (long story) keeps walking past it and asking me what it is. Well I think it is obvious and partial sight is no excuse. He has still got one eye that works (almost)

There will be no stopping me with mosaics when I am able to take a hammer to crockery, as this will be cheaper and will give me more options. However I am finding it very difficult to actually smash crockery up, even when it is cheap and there are millions in existence, i.e. I am not actually going wildly about smashing up Ming vases to incorporate them into a birdbath. I don't know how you get over this emotionally. Clearly therapy must come before mosaic work.

2 comments:

The Foggy Knitter said...

Pretty, I would find it hard to smash up china, I have been brought up in a china-loving home and this is hard to shake off. Poor partner, there's no link between mosaics and him becoming partially sighted?

Just thought I'd ask...

Pool Party in Gurgaon said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!