Monday 6 June 2011

Nascent Obsession

I’ve been ill! I’m better now so I’m just checking in quickly to let you know I’m still alive (I mean, not like you’ve been waiting agog) and to show you a quick picture of what I’ve been working on while I’ve not been well. Note to Dad – do not click on 'read more' below, as if this comes off the needles in a reasonably coherent whole I will be giving it to you for Christmas. Note to readers: you mean you haven’t started on your Christmas presents yet? Shame on you. (Joke).


It's a peacock! On a mitten!
It’s a mitten. I’m scared to do the thumb but God, I love stranded knitting, it’s great. I don’t know if there’s a twelve step group for mitten obsessives but I think there should be one. Have you seen how many amazing mitten patterns there are in the world? I watched three episodes of Celebrity Coach Trip back to back (on the TV choice thingy) while knitting this – see, I told you I was ill. While someone who was once in Eastenders was controversially flashing someone who sometimes appears in Nuts in a German beer spa, I was beadily concentrating on my wraps and pondering colour dominance. It’s not often you watch a programme where getting the Chuckle Brothers to participate seems quite a coup for the producers, and I think this fact alone should give anyone wishing to recommission Celebrity Coach Trip pause.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful - and frankly - stranded knitting seems like magic to me. Also if you're just going to casually drop the hirsute siblings into posts please could you put some kind of warning. They give me the shudders. Gah.
Just gone back to look at the mitten again lovely AND soothing.

Lynne said...

Oohh!! That's lovely!

I have watched exactly two episodes of Celebrity Coach trip before Christmas. There was a lot of decorating going on in my house at the time and I was stressed - that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Anyway, the Chuckles and some randoms from Eastenders were in it, so I'm assuming it was the same series. There was no flashing though (phew!). But there was David Van Day. What a muppet!! And then Cheryl Baker turned up and refused to speak to him; turned out there were "musical differences". But she let herself down a bucketful.

I never watched it again, I don't think I could cope.

Vivianne said...

I have no idea which program you're talking about; you want to find some class stuff like Teen Mom, Geordie Shore or Made in Chelsea to watch ....LMAO.
PS Mimi has a great pattern for stranded mittens with butterflies ....

Roobeedoo said...

Ooh yes! A peacock mitten? Who knew!

Susie said...

I'm still addicted to Celebrity Coach Trip. I'm working my way through them. I watched the David Van Day/ Cheryl Baker one last night. 'I'm voting for you, David, because I can't stand you and I know what a horrible person you are'. Who would have thought such lasting grudges would come out of Bucks Fizz???

Anonymous said...

I've seen that one! Good on you Cheryl I thought, none of this - well we're voting for you because we think you're missing home..you're just too nice..I think you've lost your chuckle. No - I'm voting for you because I hate you. We call spade a spade where I come from and if I had one in my hand I'd knock you over the head and then bury you so count your blessings.

I wouldn't cross her ;)

Marushka C. said...

This is gorgeous, and you are a genius to be able to do stranded work while sick.

yvette said...

I really love the way the colours in your mitten move gently from one to another. I am a very basic knitter, and the thought of doing a pattern like this brings me out in a rash!
NB never seen Celebrity Coach Trip but maybe I should.....

Anonymous said...

EnkYpx [url=http://chaneljponline.org/]シャネル 化粧品[/url] EuvXoc http://chaneljponline.org/ OngSir [url=http://www.coachjpsales.net/]コーチ バッグ アウトレット[/url] EofKhb http://www.coachjpsales.net/ MouAru [url=http://pradasjapan.net/]プラダ バッグ[/url] KaiSua http://pradasjapan.net/ VgiDxh [url=http://coachonsales.org/]コーチ アウトレット[/url] PvcQxt http://coachonsales.org/