Monday 24 October 2011

Well, I don't know how this happened

But apparently now I can knit lace. (Pattern: Jaali, here on Ravelry and also here on Etsy. This has no errors as far as I could tell, and also it is both written and charted so if you want to knit one too it should be a fairly smooth ride).

I've had those towels for 20 years. Thrift, it is my middle name. Or it would be if I hadn't realised with HORROR over the weekend just how much wool is in this house
Again with the dodgy blocking shot in bad light on the old towels and the green carpet. If I'm going to actually manage to finish knitting things I will have to work out how to photograph them properly. Lace! Mad! Where will it end? Will I lose all sense of proportion and start knitting one of those enormous round shawl things with a million stitches? I could use it as a Partner Cozy and put it over him when he is moaning, to see if it shuts him up like it does when you put a sheet over a parrot in a cage.

11 comments:

mooncalf said...

Wow - you can't just knit lace. You can knit huge beautiful incredibly-complicated-looking lace!

kristieinbc said...

Wow! I am impressed. It is beautiful! I agree with the comment above. It looks incredibly complicated. I can't knit even the simplest lace pattern, so admire those knitters who can.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Awesome lace, it is beautiful. Love the idea of a partner cosy (that is general partner, not your specific one)

Vivianne said...

It's beautiful: well done :-) x

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

That is really beautiful, is it your first lace project? If so, that's amazing!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

It's beautiful! And we still have our towels that were gifted at our wedding 20 years ago...and my parrot does not shut up when I cover him...he just rattles the cage more

Unknown said...

Beautiful shawl. You did a great job and should be proud of yourself.

Um, I wish covering my eleventy billion parakeets would shut them up. They just get louder to shout through the blanket.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Wow, this looks wonderful and you can most definitely knit lace.

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful, WELL DONE.

Oh Miss West said...

Lace is a rabbit hole- once you fall down it, you're trapped in LaceWonderland, and there's just no way out. You might as well just change your name to Alice and adopt a weird cat.

RR Kris said...

Thank you for shaaring