Sunday 15 January 2012

Frankenknits number 2: Frankencrochet

If there's anything better for using up scraps than granny squares, I've yet to find it.
No, I know I don't deal with the ends in the most efficient way. I'm happy being faintly crap
This may be a cushion for the kitchen, I don't know. I'm making them from ends of yarn that are too small to sell on ebay and that normal people would just throw out. But I might get a cushion out of it! And I thought it would give me practice joining squares in any case, before I tackled the throw. (I'm in a granny square loop! Help! I may never get out!).

4 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Lovely colours....keep going....and weave in those ends!!

The Foggy Knitter said...

Lucy from Attic 24 has a good bit in her granny square tutorial about crocheting in the ends as you go, works a treat. She also shows how to crochet them together as you go, which beats sewing in my book any day!

Great colours. My other use for leftovers (planned at least) is baby socks for all those babies people keep having

Vivianne said...

see this ? :-) http://www.ravelry.com/groups/2012-crochet-block-a-month-cal

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

You are so right. I have a great scrap blanket that I use all the time.