Monday 30 May 2011

Pictures of words

Living wall in Anthropologie on Regent St. It was 3 floors high and very impressive, no wonder they have to charge a lot for their clothes. If they'd painted it magnolia like in Primark I might be able to afford them

Shop sign just off Carnaby Street. Where I come from we say, red hat no knickers, so I was disappointed when I discovered the Red Hat Society was not quite as racy as it sounds

The quote board in Neal's Yard, Covent Garden, put together by someone who seems never to have met the people I used to work with

Magnetic words, also in Neal's Yard. I love magnetic words and keep meaning to buy some for our fridge, but in the meantime I just keep on writing this blog

In the alleyway behind Foyles bookshop, Charing Cross Road. I cannot tell if this is ironic or meta, but if it really is suggesting that we are all squares who disapprove of graffiti, well, you cannot move in London without tripping over people taking photos of anything from an aerosol, hoping it is a Banksy so they can flog the print down Camden Lock

2 comments:

Vivianne said...

Haha ! My brother had a gig at Foyle's tonight ...

yvette said...

I have a box of magnetic words I don't want - I could send them if you like?