Thursday 5 May 2011

Pootling, blogging, pootling again

I am pootling about. V quick blog post mid-pootling. I am trying to finish mum’s quilt. Here is the back. On Ravelry there is a Selfish Knitters forum and someone said on there about knitting: ‘knitting is like sex. If I like you, I’ll do it for free. If I don’t, there isn’t enough money in the world’. I’m paraphrasing but you get the idea. Quilting is like this! Nearly at the binding stage! (Says she brightly). Can you see my lily buds in front?
Quilt back incorporating my hand-dyed fabric, how cool does that make me? Very cool (just in case you weren't sure)
My mint is coming up again! (The spiky plants are mare’s tail and these are Very Bad. If you find them you have to move. I can’t move though so we co-exist, just like I co-exist with Partner).
Why am I such a weed magnet? I feel like it is a moral failing
Did you know you can make mint tea just by sticking a handful of leaves in a mug, pouring boiling water on, and drinking it? (When it has cooled a bit). I know that seems obvious but it took me a while to work out because I am dim. It is in a mental category, for me, of drinks where I cannot understand why they make teabags when the real thing is actually quicker and easier. Also in that category is lemon and ginger tea. Put a slice of ginger in a mug with a couple of slices of lemon and a squeeze, pour boiling water on, drink. Lovely in winter when you have a cold.
It's actually a good job I got it out of the fridge to take this photo because it was dripping custard
I made whiskey and marmalade bread and butter pudding (it hasn’t been cooked yet, it is soaking. I am going out to vote first) out of a lot of old scraps that were lying about. Who has whiskey lying about you cry, well we do because someone gave Partner a bottle and he is not very keen on it (I will pause for those of you who have met Partner to stop laughing) so it has been hanging about. Perhaps I should start adding it to surprising things. Tuna and whiskey sandwiches. Whiskey muesli.

Have a nice evening everyone!

1 comments:

The Gingerbread Lady said...

Who does NOT have a bottle of whiskey at home? Yay, verily, this is a cornerstone of our house's inventory.
For medical reasons, of course.